Wednesday 12 October 2016

LAST NIGHT ...

... (Tuesday) was our (Christmas themed) Quilt group in Congleton. This years Christmas challenge was launched..... we are to make a 12.5 inch block .. ANY block.. using this years fabric..



.....which is much more fun than we usually get (shhh don't tell I said so!! lol) I made my block this am...



I'm happy with it x... I have a little gold bead at the top of  each one ..... Just have to keep it safe THEN remember to take it to the Christmas party xx lol x

We also had an on the night make .. THIS was the sample..



.. and this is the progress of mine...





... I have used beads for the eyes and found a fun bobble for the hat .. I need to get some sweets to go into the pocket now. I will be making some more of these xx 

I have a new scarf on the needles..


....bit of a change for me .. it has been fun so far. I like to challenge myself to make something different every now and then x.... and Autumn colours to make me happy x

Hope you have something fun to be working on .

Diane x

2 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That tiny snowman is so cute! Bay to go on finishing your block! That was a good solution for the challenge fabric!--Terry

kiwikid said...

Great block you have made...love the little snowman too, that is clever. Your knitting needles must be smoking with all the knitting you have been doing!!!